If something has already happened or you are concerned about something you have witnessed, please contact the Tampa Police Department non-emergency number at (813) 231-6130. For any emergency situations, please call 911.
If You See Something, Say Something
This public awareness campaign was created to raise knowledge regarding indicators of terrorism and terrorism-related crimes. The public should only report suspicious behavior and these types of situations:
- An unattended backpack left in a public space
- Someone trying to break into a restricted area
- Acquiring supplies: When someone is purchasing, storing, or stealing explosives, weapons, or ammunition
- Elicitation: Anyone attempting to gain information about a place, person or operation
- Test of security: This is usually conducted by driving by a potential target, moving into sensitive areas and observing the responses of security and law enforcement.
- Surveillance: A target area that will most likely be observed during the planning phase
For a complete list of items that are not permitted at Super Bowl Experience Presented by Lowe's, please click here.
When reporting suspicious activity remember to give the most accurate information possible. Information reporting may include:
- Brief description of the activity
- Date, time and location of the activity
- Physical identifiers of anyone you observe
- Description of vehicles (i.e. license plate, make, model)
- Information about where the people involved in suspicious activities may have gone
- Your contact information (optional)
Our public safety team is on the ground and ready to keep you up-to-date and safe! Consisting of multiple Tampa Bay entities, be sure to follow @TBPSJIC on Twitter for the latest Tampa Bay Super Bowl LV safety alerts.
Stay informed with Alert Tampa
- Follow @AlertTampa on Twitter
- Text TAMPAREADY to 888-777
- Text TAMPALISTA to 888-777 for alerts in Spanish
- Register at Tampagov.net/AlertTampa for voicemails and emails
- Have a plan, make a kit, stay informed.
- Download the app to send your tip to keep Tampa safe. To send an anonymous tip via text message, text keyword SAFETAMPA and your tip to 847411
- Help prevent Human Trafficking
Know whom to call if you have questions or concerns!
- Emergencies: Dial 911
- Non-Emergencies (Tampa Police Department): (813) 231-6130.
- Super Bowl LV customer support (Jan. 22-Feb.9) (813)-341-5599